Finding a good promoting platform for reliable companies selling virtual privite networks is not easy, but it is definitely worth your time. Here clients will find useful tips on usage and answers to some common questions about data security services. In this article we are focusing on main features of VPN. Here we go!
What is VPN used for?
Bestvpnrating.com rates credible VPN providers according to price-lists and capacities offered. The latter features should be explored carefully because they differ. Clients should know exactly what they need. It may be anonymity, shifting of geo-locations or only casual data security.
We have listed below some goals, which can be achieved due to using various VPNs.
- Anonymous browsing. Interestingly, most people choose a particular VPN in order to get anonymity while browsing websites and sharing files. For this purpose one should choose providers who do not store any logs. Therefore, your IP address turns invisible for the rest of the world.
- Geo-dislocation. You may also want to shift your current geo-position from the USA to Mexico, for example. This is another kind of anonymous browsing. Ask provider whether they have such option available.
- Bypass governmental blockages. Some countries disallow their citizens to register on Facebook, use Skype and Gmail or even surf some browsers. There are powerful VPN protocols solving this problems.
- Setting borders for foreigners. Similarly, like in the previous case, governments can forbid foreign users surf within a country’s geographic web-zone. VPN is powerful enough to break such borders and get access to any continent from any place on Planet Earth.
- Secure files storing and sharing. Such online browsers as Google, Yandex and others offer email services and let people use virtual disks for storing and exchanging written or graphic files. That is really cool but what’s about security? Are there any spies or hackers able to get to private information? Proper VPN encrypts your online data and becomes a shield from outer penetrations.
Four Popular VPN Protocols: Pros & Cons
When choosing VPN, pay attention to its protocol type. It includes such features as speed of data transmission, security level, capacity to hide your real IP address and the VPN server address.
Let’s have a look at four popular protocols and learn their pros and cons.
|PPTP||Wide use, high speed, easy configuration.||Comparatively low level of data protection.|
|L2TP + IPSec. L2TP||This type provides message integrity and authentication of the parties.||Poor security but it is less vulnerable than PPTP protocols.|
|OpenVPN||Popular, rather secure. It allows users to bypass many locks.||The only disadvantage is that OpenVPN doesn’t work without a separate software client.|
|SSTP||Security is high. It works without a single client.||It works only on the basis of Vista SP1, Win7, Win8.|
As you can see from the chart, the most vulnerable VPN protocol is PPTP. Avoid using it, if your Internet activity requires high level of protection.
We live in times of digital information era. It gives unbelievably wide range of possibilities for both online inventions and Internet-based crimes. VPN keeps vital digital data safe and gives a lift to development.