If you are facing a blue screen error with a message: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, then take a look at this step by step guide, it will help you to fix the error. Like you, I have faced this error before when I was watching a video. When it occurs, my computer starts a looping restart.
I did a few searches and found out that this error occurs for several specific reasons:
- If you run too many programs on your computer at once, you might face this error. The cause is some Windows process could not read or write into memory.
- Problems with RAM or hard drive could be causes of this error.
- Problems with hardware or faulty drivers.
Read more: How To Boot Windows 10 In Safe Mode.
Boot Your Computer Into Safe Mode
If you want to fix this error, you must access to Safe Mode. When your computer start booting, press and hold Shift + F8 keys till your display shows Advanced Repair Options.
Select Advanced options.
Select Startup Settings.
Depends on what you need:
- Press F4 to enable Safe Mode.
- Press F5 to enable Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press F6 to enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt
By selecting specific key, your computer will access to safe mode with the settings you selected.
Fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error On Windows
Check And Fix Faulty Drivers
After access to safe mode, I would suggest you check all drivers, to find and remove faulty drivers. According to reports from some users, the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error occurs after they installed a new driver / update driver. So if you are in the same situation, find and remove faulty drivers.
Click on Start > type Device Manager > Enter. Find the hardware with a yellow triangle and disable it to test. Also, uninstall / remove recent drivers that you have installed will also help.
A few other articles you might like:
- 4 Ways To Fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET Error
- Fix ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR In Google Chrome
- Fix DNS Server Not Responding On Windows
- 8 Ways To Speed Up Windows 10 Computer
Update Drivers For Chipset And Hardware
If you are unable to identify the cause of this error, try to uninstall all drivers on your computer like chipset, sounds and network. After that, download latest versions of drivers to install on your computer.
Scannow In Command Prompt
If any system file affected by viruses or corrupted, then the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED may occur. In this case, the sfc /scannow is a good feature. It will scan all system files, and replace corrupted files.
Run Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow and then press Enter. It will automatically scan and fix errors.