You are here and looking for a guide to learn how to install Windows 10 on PC, and for whatever reason, you will able to install Windows 10 on your computer after reading the guide. This step by step guide comes with an image in each step which will help you easy to understand and follow.
As you know, Microsoft was introduced Windows 10 on September 30th, 2014 and the first build of Windows 10 Technical Preview is released on February 12th, 2015. From the first build, the company has released many other builds with new features and improvements until the last build #10240, also known as Windows 10 RTM, the final version.
If you are excited to use Windows 10 with its new features, including Edge browser, Cortana voice assistant, virtual desktop, new action center …etc, let’s get started.
Have you read: How to Change Your Default Browser in Windows 10 ?
How to Install Windows 10 on Your PC
Not like Windows 7 or Windows 8, install Windows 10 on your computer is quite easy. You only need to do a few simple steps and Windows 10 will be ready on your computer to use. Follow our step by step guide below to clean install Windows 10 or reinstall Windows 10 on your PC.
1. Download Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft’s website for Windows 10. Skip this step (#1) and the second step (#2) if you already have one copy of Windows 10 (including ISO file, DVD or USB installation).
2. When the Windows 10 download process is completed, create Windows 10 installation USB flash drive or burn ISO file to DVD.
3. If you install Windows 10 from existing Windows versions and still running it, just double click on the setup.exe file on your media drive (USB/DVD) and the installation process will automatically run.
If you install Windows 10 from a clean computer with a new and blank hard drive, insert USB flash drive or DVD that you have created in the #2 step, and boot from it.
4. Select your language to install, time and currency format as well as keyboard or input method; and click on “Next” to the next step.
A. Upgrade from existing Windows operating system (Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1). Select this option if you want to keep all existing files, applications as well as settings. These files and information will be moved from the old Windows to Windows 10.
However, there are a few requirements to upgrade to Windows 10 you must know, and Microsoft is only letting a few specific Windows versions to upgrade to Windows 10. Take a look at the image below:
B. Install a clean Windows 10 by select partition to install Windows operating system, format it and start to install Windows 10. This is a good option for users are not able to upgrade to Windows 10 or users want to install a clean version of Windows 10 as well as reinstall Windows 10.
Back to the Windows 10 custom installation process in this step. Select the partition where you want to store Windows 10.
You can also click on “New” to create a new partition to store your Windows 10 in case you do not want to install Windows 10 on the old partition.
Press “Next” when you are done.
9. The installation process is starting and you must keep your computer on until all process are completed, including “Copying Windows files“, “Getting files ready for installation“, “Installing features“, as well as “Installing updates“.
10. Your computer will automatically restart once the Windows installation is completed. You can also click on “Restart now” if do not want to wait 15 seconds.
11. Your computer will be restarted a few times and is working to get the computer ready to use.
12. After several restarts, the Windows 10 settings screen will be appeared. Select “Use express settings” with default settings or “Customize” to change default settings.
In this guide, I have selected Customize option to customize Windows 10 settings.
13. Select what you want to change on the default settings and click “Next“.
14. Select and fill your username, password, reenter password and password hint, and then click on “Finish“.
15. After you clicked on “Finish“, the Windows 10 settings will be finalized. The installation process will automatically do a few more steps, be patient and wait. The Windows 10 desktop will be appearing when it’s done.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed Windows 10 on your computer. Now start enjoying the new features of Windows 10 like Start Menu Returns, Cortana on Desktop, Edge Browser, Xbox App, Universal Apps, Continuum, Action Center, Office Apps …etc.
Also read: How to setup Windows Hello.
I hope this step by step guide is helping you to learn how to install Windows 10 on your computer. If you have any question, feel free to ask me.