It’s a very good news for all Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE owners, the Google Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update is rolling out, and not stuck at Android 4.4 KitKat anymore.
The update is now available in Switzerland and may take a little of time to reach other regions. You can wait for the OTA update which coming to you or visit here to download the firmware, build number T335XXU1BOF8, and use Odin software to flash the firmware of the device.
Flash firmware instructions
- Unzip (extract) the firmware file
- Download Odin v3.10.6
- Unzip (extract) Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin v.3.10.6
- Reboot the phone in “Download Mode” by press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons
- Connect the phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button and wait a few minutes