Last two weeks, Samsung has rolled out the Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop update for W-Fi only model of Galaxy Tab S 8.4. Today, another good news that the LTE model is starting to receive the Lollipop upgrade as well.
If you would like to upgrade your Galaxy Tab S 8.4, please use Samsung Kies software to do that. The OTA (over the air) update should be available soon.
You also can do the update manually by download the factory image file and flash the firmware of the tablet. But it can be risky and sometimes ending in a bricked device. If you don’t have much experience, we suggest you don’t try this way and wait for OTA update.
Flash Galaxy Tab S 8.4 instructions
- Following the link here to download the firmware
- Extract the firmware file
- Visit here to download Odin v3.10.6
- Extract the Odin zip file
- Launch Odin v3.10.6
- Lets reboot tablet in download mode by press combination keys: Home + Power + Volume Down
- Connect the tablet to computer via USB port and make sure you see the blue sign in Odin before proceeding
- Add the firmware to AP/PDA section
- Make sure re-partition feature isn’t ticked
- Press the start button and wait a few minutes until the tablet reboot.